Kisses

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Too Fool for School












Being in the age of modern technology, we are straying further away from verbal communication and seeing a lot more typed/written content. And this has exposed the obvious Illiteracy of America.

Those Who Know Me Know I have never won (or even qualified) for a Spelling Bee. But Great Googly Moogly! Some people’s spelling and grammar are just atrocious! What’s even more disturbing are those who intentionally misspell words! I’m not even talking about Text Talk which purpose is to be to shorten words and terms, but pure unadulterated ‘Screw English!’ misspellings!

When did this become the new fad? Who decided proper English is for Nerds & Outcasts? I see the things my children text to their friends and often think to myself, “Man! Does my kid even know how to READ!?” How many times have you gone to your Facebook news feed and thought that you have somehow slipped in the vortex of DUMB!?

Forget passing out condoms in school. Can we pass out some DICTIONARIES!?

No comments:

Post a Comment