Kisses

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"You Should Care..."



…but I don’t.
I find it interesting the same day I was looking for a work-appro
priate way to say, “I Don’t Give a Fuck”, I was told by a friend,
You should care…”. (...then this was followed by some directives to do some shit I’m not going to do.)

Those Who Know Me Know that I am an extremely, as my sister Kelly once clarified for me, INTENSE person. It’s a personality trait (or some may consider a defect) of mine. I, more often than not, run off of emotions. And of course, sometimes that gets me in trouble. But my Feelings are one thing about me that is 100% pure, raw, and true. My Feelings are the uncut Columbian Coke of Ernestine.


I am always accountable for my responses/actions to those feelings, yes. But I never feel like I should have to apologize for my feelings. I am the one who passes the condolence and birthday cards at work to the neighboring cubicle without signing it. If I don’t have a relationship with you, sure, I can empathize. But do I care, no. And I feel like I’d rather give you nothing than give you fake words of concern or congratulations.

Think about it! Have you ever gotten one of those bulk birthday cards at work signed by the project VP, your manager and everyone within 5 rows of cubicles?
Do you honestly think,
“Wow! All these people really DO care about me!”
Or is it more like,
“Screw this card! Where’s my bonus check!?”

Now you're probably thinking, “Damn! Ernestine is hella mean!” And again, I’d have to ask for an appropriate way to say,
“I Don’t Give a Fuck”.
I’m honest.
And I think you should care more about that.


…but I’m really not that mean. J

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I love that I can make an extra long ass comment too. I'm with you though. I'm that chic that sees a co-worker crying and I won't ask what's wrong. My only concern is if their physically hurt, if not then I'm not asking "what's wrong" bcos I'd be full if shit if I acted like I cared. I love really hard so I'm funny about who I call a "friend" bcos to me everybody just doesn't deserve my awesomeness. I might need to start a blog too, I talks my ass off, I wonder if anybody would give a shit about my thoughts. Lol!!

    NY :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now need a therapist because I actually thought my co-workers cared about me.

    ReplyDelete